Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Twitter is deeply symbolic of what is drastically wrong in our culture.

Abominable barfing of 140 bits, gaarrrhh. I am much more attuned to Old fashioned blogging as opposed to barfing 140 bits of info at a time... Don’t get me wrong I follow a few, upsidetrader, cpzimmerman and a couple of others.

But I really just don’t get it…

I get facebook and their little update section, but that to me is intrinsically social as opposed to twitter which still seems to me to be vaguely for profit. Plus I have the added benefit that they are somewhat thought through and well stated on facebook.

I don’t have to see everyone’s intimate thought de jour o de momento de cryptico updated in real time every moment. I guess I just value my time too much.

I am sure traders are using it as a great kind of binary hyperactive digital wakie talkies, but I am not possessed of the type of bandwidth required to be a successful a super active type of day trader and I just can’t seem to follow. Call me Old Skool, thanks but no thanks.

Maybe it is because my mom is an English teacher, but mark me words sompin just aint right in twitter town. Git down.

No comments:

Post a Comment